Tuesday, June 18, 2013

2-Exercise Full Body Workout and Spinning Workout

Alright, it's been ages since I've updated this blog.  The past few months got a little hectic with the end of wedding planning, and now that the wedding is over (it was beautiful, but more on that another time), I'm ready to get back to my fitness.  I kinda let things go in those last 2 months of wedding crunch time.  

I am happy to report that I can check running a 10k off my bucket list!  Despite not having trained as I was supposed to, I was very pleased with my final time of 57:03 (9:12/mile) in the Novi Memorial Day Run.



Since we've been back trying to adjust to "normal" life again, Nick and I have been hitting the gym pretty regularly, motivating each other.  Here's a sample of 2 workouts I've done this week:


I used a pull-up assist machine (30-40 lbs assistance), and boy am I still super sore!  For burpees, make sure you do the full thing including the push-up (go on your knees if you need to), otherwise, you will not be getting a full body workout.   


I think I took this spinning program from a magazine a while ago.  I have a cool free app on my iPhone called "Spin Class."  It allows you to program your intervals so it keeps time for you and tells you when to switch to the next activity.  Below is a screen shot of what the app looks like when you've entered a program:


Let me know how these workouts go for you!

1 comment:

  1. I find that I can't make it to spin class on a regular basis and when I try spinning on my own, I never push myself as hard as when I'm using this killer coached spinning album I found on iTunes. It's made by an elite cycling trainer to push you: http://bit.ly/CycleExpress_iTunes

    ReplyDelete