Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Body Cycle Studio GapFit Takeover

Alright, so this post is overdue, but I still wanted to share it.

About two weeks ago, I had the privilege of taking part in an awesome opportunity at Body Cycle Studio.  Body Cycle is a spinning studio in Center City Philadelphia.  When I first moved to Philly a couple years ago, I went a little overboard purchasing deals (LivingSocial, Groupon) for various workout classes.  One of the deals I purchased was to Body Cycle.  I had never done spinning before (mostly because I thought I would hate it; I'm not a big fan of biking in general), but I decided to give it a shot-- hey, I had a deal!  

Well, the first class I went to...

I hated. so. much.
It was miserable.
My butt was bruised.
My legs were sore.
I couldn't breathe.

I wanted to slap the instructor (because it felt like she was killing me).

But... I still had another 4 classes to use up for my deal, and I couldn't let those go to waste!

I tried again, this time having a better idea of what to expect.  After surviving my second class, I felt empowered; I had conquered a challenge.  By my third class, I was starting to enjoy it (just a little).  By my fifth class, I officially liked spinning!  Unfortunately, my 5 class deal was finished.  But I didn't let that stop me!  I bought another 5 classes to keep spinning on.    

Importantly, I didn't let my first impression turn me away from ever trying again.  I didn't quit.  I learned that first impressions can sometimes be wrong!

Now, let's flash forward to a couple weeks ago.  I hadn't been back to Body Cycle in quite some time because we moved into a new apartment that's a little bit less convenient of a location, and (being the poor graduate student that I am) I didn't want to pay for classes when we have a nice gym in our own apartment complex.  

And then, my friend (an avid Body Cycle spinnerette) posted on Facebook that Body Cycle was joining up with the Gap for a special event called "GapFit Takeover."  Basically, you could sign up for a FREE spinning class AND get a FREE pair of GapFit workout pants.  Awesome!



(Wanna know Motivation Trick #1?)

My spinning class was awesome... and the free pants were awesome-er.  There were 3 pant styles that we could choose from and try on before settling.  I ended up getting the GapFit gDance pants.  I love them!  They are fitted through the hips and thighs and have a small flare in the leg.  Just yesterday while I was working out in them, I realized that they even have a secret pocket in the back!  



A big thank you to Jenell for being my friend and sharing the event on Facebook, to Body Cycle for well... being awesome, to Barry for a kick butt free spinning class, and to GapFit for a little extra motivation to exercise in my new pants.  

No comments:

Post a Comment