Sunday, January 6, 2013

Slow Down Because Life Won't

Here is a passage that stood out to me from Daily Readings from Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen, a book I've talked about in a previous post as well:
"That's true, but when you come to the end of your life, if you're like most people, you're still going to have things to do.  You're still going to have phone calls to return.  You're still going to have appointments to make.  Your schedule will never slow down on its own.  You must make time for what matters most; make it a priority.  If you don't schedule time for the people you love, nobody will do it for you."  (p. 233)
I'd like to reiterate a key sentence in this passage:
Your schedule will never slow down on its own.


It's so easy to go through life waiting... and waiting... and waiting for life to calm down, slow down, take a break so you can call your friend, take a vacation, try a new hobby.  As I've said before, you can't afford to wait.  This passage reminds us that life doesn't slow down.  Now is all you have.  Say I love you, take a walk, breathe the air, smell the flowers, make a new friend, try a new food, travel, explore, experience.  Live.  Live.  Live.

Recently, the mother of a previous teammate of mine passed away due to breast cancer.  My thoughts are with my teammate and her family, and I'd like to take a moment to acknowledge them.

Despite the challenge that life has put in their path, my teammate and her family have stood strong.  My teammate's optimism shines through her Facebook posts.  She has such a positive outlook on life and is an inspiration.  She and her family are an example of being present in the moment and not waiting until it is too late to express their love and live their life.    

How will you slow down today?

No comments:

Post a Comment