Tuesday, September 18, 2012

On Demand Yoga and Tilapia Dinner

Recovery Workout


Remember that 20 minute total body conditioning circuit I did yesterday?  Man, am I feeling its wrath today!  I am most sore in my hamstrings, lats, erector spinae, calves, and lower abdomen.  Yes, my ab circuit really targeted that tough-to-work lower ab area commonly referred to as "the pooch!"  I could feel myself getting progressively stiffer throughout the day; therefore, I decided today would not be an intense strength day.  Instead, I wanted to focus on loosening up those tight muscles, and what better way to do that than some yoga?  Sadly, we don't have a yoga studio with private yoga master connected to our apartment; however, the next best option is On Demand!  In case you haven't already figured this out, if you have cable with On Demand options (for example, Comcast), you have access to workout videos that you can do in your own living room!  Here's what you do if you have Comcast:

Press the "On Demand" button on your remote control
Scroll down to "Sports & Fitness" and click the "OK/Select" button
Scroll over to "Fitness Workouts" and click the "OK/Select" button
Browse all your choices!  

They have everything from cardio dance videos, to yoga and pilates, to targeted core or butt workouts, to kickboxing, and even walking.  (I saw a video called "Kama Sutra Dance"... intriguing.)  The videos often change, so you always have new workouts at the click of a button that you can do in the comfort of your own home in your PJ's (that's what I did tonight).  The best part is that with Comcast cable, they're included with no additional charge!  This means that if you don't like a certain workout, you can stop in the middle and find a new one without feeling guilty about wasting your money.  Tonight I did a simple 20 minute yoga video.  Not very vigorous, but it did help stretch me out.  Just what I needed.


Go-To Tilapia Dinner


I still haven't gone real grocery shopping, so tonight I resorted to my go-to, easy, healthy, tasty meal: sauteed tilapia.  I normally keep a pack of those individually frozen fillets in my freezer-- they're awesome because they will thaw in less than 10 minutes if you run them under warm water!  Perfect for a quick weeknight meal.  I decided I needed some veggies though, so I stopped at the grocery store anyway and picked up some zucchini and baby red potatoes (and figured I might as well get some fresh tilapia while I'm there).

Sauteed zucchini: heat up some olive oil in a skillet, add sliced zucchini and a pinch of salt, heat until golden
Sauteed tilapia: (I used the same pan as the zucchini once that finished), sprinkle tilapia on both sides with lemon pepper, cook on medium heat until opaque through and easily flakes with fork
Boiled baby red potatoes: boil water and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender (I didn't even feel the need to add salt or butter)
Side spinach salad: bagged baby spinach topped with dried cranberries and sliced almonds with olive oil and vinegar

    


      

No comments:

Post a Comment