Sunday, September 16, 2012

Daily Workout and Pork Tenderloin Dinner

Today's Workout

Cardio:
Jay Blahnik's 30 min Boredom-Busting Treadmill Interval Workout
(Courtesy of Fitness Magazine, my favorite magazine subscription)

Strength:
10 bicep curls (15 lbs ea)
10 tricep kick backs ea (10 lbs)
10 hammer curls (15 lbs ea)
10 overhead skull crushers (10 lbs ea)
10 overhand bicep curls (15 lbs ea)
10 1-legged tricep dips (ea leg)
10 chin-ups (30 lb assist)
10 dips (30 lb assist)
20 alternating forward lunges
20 plie squats
1 min plank
20 side plank hip dips each side

This is my third time doing this particular treadmill running workout.  It's tough!  And for some reason, it particularly kicked my butt today... so much so that I did not do as much strength training as normal.


Today's Dinner

Today's dinner was delicious!
Pork Tenderloin with Pan Sauce (Courtesy of Chef Mommy, a Pinterest find)
Brussel Sprouts
Au Gratin Potatoes
I highly recommend the pork tenderloin.  It was so flavorful!  It's definitely a keeper recipe.  
Yes, the au gratin potatoes came from a box.  I know roasted potatoes would be a healthier option, but Nick was craving au gratin potatoes, and I'm a believer in moderation, so we agreed on it.

Dessert: Berry Cream Cheese Cobbler (Courtesy of a Pinterest find)
The recipe only uses fresh strawberries, but we had some leftover frozen mixed berries that we added in as well.  It tasted alright-- I thought the cream cheese could be left out in the future, but Nick thought it added another "dimension" to the dessert and liked it. 
*Update*: This cobbler does not keep well; it gets mushy in the fridge and leftovers don't taste so good.  I don't think I'll make this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment